Starting Blocks Academy’s curriculum, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success.
Featuring research-based content and daily resources that are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: Daily Resources help teachers offer individualized instruction to meet the needs of every learner.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool daily resources:
- Offer daily opportunities to differentiate instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Address all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offer daily, built-in opportunities for observations, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Offer complete support for working with all children, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
Contain guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
Lesson Plans: Weekly thematic lesson plans will be followed that establishes knowledge for
METHODOLOGY FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CURRICULUM.
Materials included in the classroom will be developmentally appropriate and serve the purpose of achieving desired family/teacher goals and the early learning standards. These materials:
- Materials will offer a rich variety of experiences for children to learn the functions and properties of objects, and to classify materials into groups.
- Materials will offer experiences for children to extend their thinking to support their interests.
- Materials will support developmentally appropriate emerging literacy and numeric development.
- Classrooms will provide learning environments that are rich in environmental print.
- Classroom materials will include at a minimum dramatic play, dolls, books of all sorts, other language/literacy materials, puzzles, blocks, and other construction materials, manipulative toys and games, cars, trucks and people, computers, language games, art media, science tools for exploration, writing center media, musical instruments, sensory experiences with tools for measuring, etc.
Teaching staff will post on Monday morning a weekly lesson plan to include the focused learning objectives that align with the State of Arizona Early Learning standards. The lesson plan will document daily activities and will be based on written observations, running records, work samples, and other documentation
Starting Blocks Academy will also ensure that ongoing child assessment
- (a) is linked to curriculum goals;
- (b) provides for the collection of information on children's progress;
- (c) includes the eight (8) domains of language, literacy, mathematics, science, creative arts, social and emotional development, physical development and social studies.